This was founded in 1921 by Bishop Frank Jones and his Wife Frances in the Diocese of Lagos out of the need to disciple all women irrespective of marital and societal status.
ITS AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
The membership is open to all baptized women in the Anglican Church.
The motto is taken from Gal. 5:13 – "By love serve one another."
1. To read some verses of the Holy scriptures, memorize a bible verse and pray every day.
2. To uphold the sanctity of marriage, bring up children and servants in the right way and to teach them to pray twice a day.
3. To lead exemplary lives, avoiding debt, corruption, alcohol consumption, blasphemy and slander.
4. To attend church services, meetings and guild activities regularly, showing a good stewardship of time, talent, tithe and treasure.
5. To endeavour to win souls for Christ.
6. To visit all sick people and those who are bereaved.
DR. MRS. LYDIA OLUKEMI ODEDEJI PRESIDENT, DIOCESAN WOMEN ORGANISATIONS
Drs. Mrs. Lydia Olukemi Odedeji is the Diocesan President of WOMEN ORGANISATIONS and Wife of the Bishop of the Diocese of Lagos West (Anglican Communion)...Read More