The Diocese of Lagos West announces her 3rd Session of the 5th Synod. The Synod will come up between Thursday 15th and Sunday 18th 2014 and the theme is WE WILL SERVE THE LORD. (Joshua 24:15).
The Lord Bishop of the Diocese of Lagos west, the Rt. Rev. James Olusola Odedeji has redirected me to inform you on the above as follows:
1. Sunday 11th May 2014 is to be observed as Synod Sunday and prayers should be said specially for the President and all members for a successful Synod.
2. The opening of the Synod will come up at the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church cathedral (AVMCC) G.R.A., Ikeja on Thursday 15th May at 4.00 pm with Holy Communion Service.
3. Meeting of the session will hold daily on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th may at the same venue, AVMCC, starting with Holy Communion Service each day at 7.00am. 4. The Presidential Address will come up on Friday 16th May, 2014 at 11.00am.
5. The Closing and Thanksgiving Service will hold during Matins on Sunday 18th May, 2014 at 10.00am at Archbishop Vining Memorial Church Cathedral (AVMCC) G.R.A, Ikeja.
6. Please continue to pray, as from now, for the success of the Synod at all divine services.
7. The Synod Fee is N5, 000. 00 (Five Thousand Naira Only) per each Clergyman, Synod delegate including Bishop Nominees/Appointees from every Parish/Church. The money is to be paid by the Parish on or before 15th April, 2014. Please note that no fee will be accepted at the point of registration.
8. Special letter to employers of labour for excuse duty during the Synod is available at the Secretariat. Synod delegates who require such assistance should contact the Synod Office.
9. The Archdeacons should also furnish the Secretariat with a list of Oba’s and important dignitaries in their Archdeaconries, for invitation to Synod.
Mrs. C. Olateju Akindolire
Lay Synod Secretary.
Your email address will not be published.