DIOCESE OF LAGOS WEST (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
THEME: GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH
TEXT: PSALM 46:1
TOPIC: GOD OUR REFUGE â€“ Part 1
OBJECTIVES â€“ To build our confidence in the refuge of the Lord.
- To teach all members how to abide in the refuge of God.
According to Google dictionary, Refuge is the state of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger or difficulty. A refuge is a shelter or protection from danger or distress. Psalm 46 is a song of faith in trouble time. Our only, impregnable, accessible, delightful place of retreat is our God. In the face of so many insecurity, wickedness and evil that are on high increase we need to run for refuge in our God to be well secure. God appointed six cities in Israel as cities of refuge from blood avenger: on the west were Kedesh of Naphtali, Shechem, and Hebron (Exod 21:13; Num 35:11-34); on the east, Golan, Ramoth-Gilead, and Bezer, (Josh 20:7, 8).
1. Identify various terms used in the Word of God to describe the Refuge according to the following Bible passages? Deut 33:27; Psalm 27:5; 31:20; 71:3; Prov 14:26; 18:10; Isa 25:4; Zech 9:12.
2. Why do we need God as our Refuge? Psalm 46:2-3; 31:20; 27:5; 91:3,5-7; Isa 25:4; Mt 6:13; Gal 1:4; 2 Thess 3:3; 1John 5:18
3. i. How can I make God my Refuge? Psalm 91:1-2; 62:6-8; Prov 14:26; 18:10; Zech 9:12; 142:5; 145:18; John 15:17
ii. What assurances do we have in God as our Refuge? Rom 8:31, 37; Matt 28:20; Heb 13:5; Isa 43:2; Deut 31:6,8; Psalm 66:12; 91:3; Jer 30:11; Dan 3:25,27; Prov 11:8; 21:18; Rev 12:11
4. Why do some Christians doubt the protection of God?
God is always willing to keep His own from evil no matter what. As we journey this 2019, we need to increase our confidence in our God as we trust Him for our preservation and protection in the midst of all sorts of assaults from enemies and insecurity of our nation during this electioneering period.
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
JESUS IS LORD
Your email address will not be published.